Sunday, June 8, 2014
















I've been having a lot of problems with uneaten fish food and fish waste building up in our grow beds.  We have used old nylons to capture the waste, but they needed to be cleaned often.

I decided to construct a swirl filter to filter out the solid waste.  This particular type of filter allows solid waste to settle to the bottom, only needs to be flushed out once a month, and the waste can be used as fertilizer for our garden and houseplants.



In this video, I discuss the importance of filtering solids from aquaponics systems as well as show you my swirl filter design. I also discuss how the swirl filter works and show you the effects of not using one (not pretty).

Thanks for watching!  Let me know if you have any questions.
Todd





This post has been shared at:  Homestead Barn Hop, Simple Saturdays Blog Hop

3 comments :

  1. This sort of article is fascinating and enjoyable to peruse. I cherish perusing and I am continually hunting down useful data like this. Oil Contaminated Soil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ensure that when you call the service provider that you get a professional sounding sales agent and if you are on hold listen to how professional the on-hold message is. carpet removal companies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article. JUNK REMOVAL

    ReplyDelete