Thursday, May 22, 2014

Designing a new aquaponics system? Already have a system and want to make some improvements? In this video, I discuss some of the things I have learned so far with my system and things I wish I would have done differently.


Here are some of the topics I cover:


1.  What type of rock (grow medium) to use and how to test the rock before you add it to your grow beds.

2.  What the optimal water level is for the grow beds to prevent algae from forming on rocks.

3.  Best positioning of sump tank that will give you more growing space and ease of access to plants.

4.  Alternatives to topping off your system reusing water from various home appliances.

5.  Best placement of grow beds in your basement or greenhouse.

6.  The optimal amount of fish you should start out with.










This post has been shared at:  HomeAcre Hop, Simple Lives Thursday, Simple Saturdays Blog Hop, The Backyard Farming Connection, Homestead Barn Hop


http://homespunoasis.com/simple-lives-thursday-196/


3 comments :

  1. Hello, do you have any schimatics of this system you could share? I'd like to build my own system over the winter. I've been trying to sketch things out while I watch (and re watch) your vids. Do you have any drawings you can share via email? thanks (Army Strong!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have anything that would be worthy of sharing as far as schematics go, just some crud drawings. The best way to get the idea of more specifics on the system is with this video - http://youtu.be/lAzd9PhRM9M. If you have already watched the system design video and still have questions please let me know. I can help in any way possible. Email me at sslfamily5@gmail.com. Thanks for the interest!

      Delete
  2. This article is really fantastic and thanks for sharing the valuable post. salsa dancing Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete